Friday, August 29, 2008

Dotty QUIZ what kind of reader are you?

Answer these questions:

What do you want to be for Halloween this year?
(a) A SCARY monster
(b) A fashion model
(c) An explorer

What is your idea of fun?

(a) Surprising or scaring people
(b) Designing clothes
(c) Climbing a tree


What would you rather do?

(a) Find hidden passageways in your house
(b) Help people in any way
(c) Climb to the top of a mountain

What is your favorite animal?

(a) Dog
(b) Hamster
(c) Panda

If you could have a magical power, what would it be?


(a) To be invisible
(b) To fly
(c) To run super fast

IF YOU ANSWERED MOSTLY A….

If you answered mostly As, you are someone who loves magic and horror. Well, here are some GREAT books I recommend to you:

100 Cupboards By N.D Wilson
12-year-old Henry York is going to sleep one night when he hears a bump above his head. It’s an unfamiliar house, because he is staying with his aunt, uncle, and three cousins, so he tries to ignore it. But the next morning he wakes up with bits of plaster in his hair! Two knobs have broken through the wall, and one of them is slowly turning……….

* I RATE THIS BOOK 7 OUT OF 10

It is a very suspenseful book with lots of funny characters. Good descriptions.

Fablehaven By Brandon Mull
Kendra and Seth are going to their grandma and grandpa’s house for a week. They think the house is a normal house with a normal yard…but it turns out that that their grandma is missing, and weird things are happening around them. Soon they find out that their grandpa’s yard is no ordinary yard. It is a secret preserve called Fablehaven, where magical creatures roam. And it’s in trouble. Seth and Kendra must find a way to find their grandma and save Fablehaven before it’s too late.

* I RATE THIS BOOK 10 OUT OF 10

This is one of my favorite books. It is part of a series. I love the characters because they are so creative. This story made me want to bring the book everywhere and read it ALL day. I have read all of them and can’t wait till the 4th comes out.

IF YOU ANSWERED MOSTLY B….

You are a “girly girl” reader. You love to read about real life problems, and girls who have adventures. Well, that’s great because here are some great books just for you:

Charlotte in Paris By Anne Bryant
Charlotte is going to Paris!! She is going to meet her French friend Sophie there to find her long lost kitty. Sophie is sure she spotted him. So she heads off. But while she is looking for her beloved kitty she has many adventures. She looks at fine art, goes to some pretty neat bakeries, and meets some nice people, but will she ever find her kitty?

* I RATE THIS BOOK 9 OUT OF 10

This book is part of a series called: “The Beacon Street Girls.” This one out of all the books is my favorite because I have always wanted to go to Paris. This book is a funny, well-written book.
Also part of the Beacon Street Girls series:
Maeve on the Red Carpet
Just Kidding!
AND MORE!


IF YOU ANSWERED MOSTLY C….

You are an adventure reader! Action, suspense!
That’s the kind you like. So here are the BEST books for you:


The City Of Ember By Jeanne DuPrau
An underground city was built. The builders thought it could last 200 years. It did. But now one little girl and her friend, Dune, figure out that it is underground. The generator that keeps them all alive is starting to break, and there are more power outages every day…. It’s up to Dune and Lina to save the City of Ember before it’s too late.

* I RATE THIS BOOK 10 OUT OF 10

This book is one of my favorites. I recommend this to anyone! (Even someone who does not like adventure.) I GUARANTEE you will not be disappointed after you read all three books.


My Side Of The Mountain By Jean George
Sam has a huge family with lots of brothers and sisters. He wants to get away. He is tired of it all: sharing, fighting, all that. So he runs away to a forest. He tries to make himself at home by carving a little house out of a tree…he makes a bed, finds food, and even makes friends with some animals! His great grandfather had a ruined barn in the forest that is FAR away from where Sam is. He decides to take a shot at trying to get there. So he does…and he has many adventures on the way.

* I RATE THIS BOOK 8 OUT OF 10

I love how he lives in a tree and makes friends with little animals. The descriptions are great and it is a suspenseful book. READ IT!

3 comments:

nancy said...

I've always wanted to fly. I so envied Superman -- in fact, I still do.

Unknown said...

I answered mostly A! Hmmm, I wonder if my big bro has influenced me at all. I love your blog Sophie! I love your story about the chickens and your music list! Good job!

NoNnA said...

Please save The City of Ember for me. Thanks